Your dot Board is powered by modular battery packs that contain highly reliable lithium-ion cells. This technology makes them durable and convenient to add and remove from your dot Board to alter your configuration, or for other reasons like air travel.
To make sure you’re getting the most out of your dot Batteries and keeping them in top condition, there are a few things you can do:
- Avoid letting your batteries run down completely before charging.
- Avoid storing or charging your batteries at temperatures outside a range of 0°C to 40°C.
- Avoid any exposure of your dot Board and dot Batteries to wet conditions and moisture.
- Keep your dot Board and dot Batteries out of high temperature conditions like prolonged direct sunlight, inside hot cars, fire, etc.
- Avoid shocking your batteries with excessive impacts or knocks. Examples would include dropping or throwing your batteries.
- Do not disassemble, puncture, crush, open, or otherwise tamper with the battery pack in any way.
- Regularly inspect the batteries for any damage. If the batteries show any sign of damage, leakage, shape change, or any other indicators of damage, immediately discontinue use. Do not handle any damaged batteries.
If you’re not using your dot Board particularly regularly, we recommend periodically charging your batteries to maintain roughly 50% charge. Leaving lithium-ion batteries in a completely discharged state may result in the battery not accepting a charge or a decrease in the charge-holding capacity.